Alpha Tau Chapter
Georgia Institute of Technology
$2.3 million raised
For almost 60 the Alpha Tau chapter has made their home at 6th and Fowler. The house has served the chapter well, but is showing its age. There are 29 fraternities with houses at Tech, with almost all of them being in better condition than ours. Eighteen of them have rebuilt or relocated in the past 15 years.
The needs and expectations of the active chapter members have also changed since 1952, and the new design addresses those needs. Energy efficient lighting, mechanical systems and appliances will reduce the monthly utility bills, and improve long-term reliability. Upgraded living quarters will feature the same internet, cabling, and fire protection offered in the dormitories and newer fraternity houses. The new design provides for more and better study space, and an improved social area – each distinctly separated, and designed to function better.
The project is a complete knock down and rebuild on the existing location and includes:
- The new house will be developed in the Collegiate Gothic style but commercial grade construction.
- Dedicated study facilities.
- Commercial kitchen and dining facilities to accommodate the entire chapter
- Enhanced social areas.
- Sleeping capacity for 48.
- Retain historical features from the old facility